Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring Break '10 cont.

Tuesday of our vacation, we went to the fitness room, and then I got my free coffee, yum. Then after we shed a few calories we hopped in the pool. I loved the pool here. And I was actually able to get in, because it was heated.










After a relaxing morning, we headed to downtown St. Augustine, which is where we went almost every single day. I was sick of it by the end of the trip. We went on a tour of a winery and did some wine tasting. Learning about the process of how they make things, like this, is always interesting to me. So I had fun. After the winery, we headed over to the fort. I am not normally interested in History. Anything that has to do with history, I think is boring. I actually enjoyed this fort. Even the whole city of St. Augustine has so much interesting information behind it. After our visit to the Fort, we headed over to Ripley's believe it or not. Danny had never visited one before. I didn't mind going again because I always have fun at these. I can't seem to find my pictures from Ripley's, so I will post them later.

Since St. Agustine is the oldest continuously occupied city, it is believed to still have those original residents, haha. It is believed that all the oldest buildings are haunted. I don't necessarilly believe in ghosts because I have never encountered one. If you believe in ghosts though, I don't think your crazy. We went on an adventure called Ghosts and Gravestones. Danny and I enjoy scary movies, so we thought this looked like fun. It is a tour at night of haunted places in downtown St. Augustine. They said that if you do not believe in ghosts, you will when your done with this tour....well...I still don't believe in ghosts. Anyways, they showed some buildings that are said to be haunted, they showed us the oldest jail, old cemetaries, which they said, "only because the cemetary fence stops here, doesn't mean the bodies stop there." This means, that the cemetary was actually a larger area at one point, and they made it smaller by putting up a fence. So today, there are probably bodies below the streets, sidewalks, etc. I was hoping to see ghosts in my pictures. You know how you see a vampire in person, but you can't see them in pictures. It's the opposite for ghosts. I haven't seen any ghosts in my pictures though, bummer. When we went in the jail, they had a few actors that played a part as if they were the "ghost prisoner" from years ago. It was interesting to see how their cells were, how they were treated, and how they were punished.
























Wednesday of vacation

I've been worried about getting a call from alarm company about our home alarm. Well, Danny got a call from from Linden's alarm company. So, I will settle for that, ha ha. It was at about 4am, and the alarm guy said there was break in activity. Graydon couldn't find any "break in" activity. So that phone call at 4 am this morning is a mystery. After my morning workout, I made Danny breakfast in bed; Florida grown orange juice and 2 pop tarts. Hey, he's the cook in our house, not me. lol Once we finally got out of the condo, we headed out for lunch, before our trip to the beach. I wanted to try Checkers. I knew it was similar to Rally's, but come to find out it is Rally's, just a different name in the South. We spent the rest of the afternoon at Vilano Beach. It was beautiful. It is also the first beach that I have seen people drive on. You will see an orange cone in one of these pictures. It means you cannot drive beyond this point. On our way back to the condo, I was ready for more food. We saw a Krystal. It is pretty similar to White castle. Their sweet tea is amazing! The difference from their sandwhich to white castle, is that theirs do not have onions, and it does have mustard. I didn't even notice that it didn't have onions. I don't like mustard, so I did notice that. It was pretty good though.










We came back to our condo, showered and relaxed for a bit. Then we played putt-putt that night. Every time I go to Florida, I have to play putt-putt. I just think Florida has the best putt-putt courses. Plus it is something we always did on our family vacations when I was younger. Since our hours were so messed up, we ate dinner pretty late. Danny made a Tyson chicken fajita meal, which by the way was very good. Once we got home for the night we decided to watch a movie we had. We watched PRECIOUS. Awful movie. You don't need to watch it, just know that it does have a happy ending. I was crying and I know Danny was, but he won't admit it. I don't have kids, and it was hard to watch it. I wouldn't suggest any mothers watching it. It makes a good point, but I was very disturbed after watching it.
Thursday was our last full day in St. Augustine. We ate lunch at Murray Bros. Caddyshack. DELICIOUS. If you ever go to St. Augustine, you should eat there. It obviously had lots of Caddyshack memorabilia. It was fun to just sit there and look at all the decor.
Friday, I got up at 3am. We were checked out of our resort and on the road by 3:50am. The Gps said we would be home by 8:44. Somewhere along the way, while still in Florida, Danny took a turn before the GPS said to. Then we had to avoid another accident, which had all surrounding roads blocked off. Somewhow, this detour we took, shaved 2 hours off our time. We made a few stops once we got back in Indy, and Still made it home by 8.
So, we did make it home safely.
<span class=

No comments:

Post a Comment