Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break 2010...Cont

So here it is Sunday. We got up Sunday morning and ate our free continental breakfast. Check out time was 10am, so that is when we got back on the road. We drive down the coast of Georgia. Check in time in St. Augustine was 3 pm, so we thought we would just make stops at places that looked exciting. We stopped at the Florida welcome center and took lots of brochures. They also had sampling of the best Orange Juice I have had in my life. 1 of the 100 brochures that I took was for Amelia Island. It looked like fun, so we decided to stop there.

Amelia Island was just as we entered Florida on the Atlantic Coast. We walked out onto the beach. It was a very cloudy cool day. I put my toes in the water and felt hypothermia set in. So I kept my piggies in the sand and out of the water. Danny was able to stand in the water for awhile. Fun fact: I used to love Pippy Longstocking. I guess "Pippy" is from here and this is where the movie was filmed.

Pic to far right: I almost stepped on this nasty spider with my bare foot!!!





From Amelia Island, we hopped on A1A Beachfront Avenue. Oh, and Vanilla Ice says hello. Our GPS gave us directions, which we found out would have taken us straight to a ferry boat for vehicles. So, we bypassed that, and took a LONG scenic detour route. We made it to our hotel right at check in time. Well, I was wrong, check in time was 4, but they had our room ready at 3.

Our condo is in the World Golf Villiage. It is beautiful! The golf course here on the property is amazing. We have sandy volleyball courts, tennis, and basketball courts, grills, pool with waterfall, and lots of small activities in the clubhouse. I have never stayed in a hotel with this much fun stuff. So I think we will have plenty to do the rest of the week.

The rest of the evening we checked out the property and drove to see what all was around us. We got lost in the GHETTO! It was awful. There was a bad accident that had all surrounding roads blocked off. Which, later on, we saw the accident on the cover of St. Augustine's newspaper. I'm glad we didn't hit that intersection minutes before, and I'm glad we survided the ghetto. On our little drive, we saw some of the largest houses I have ever seen in my life. And their back yards were the Atlantic Ocean. That just amazes me.

More to come later.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Word to your mother! Tell Vanilla hi for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy and I are so uncool. We had to google the Vanilla Ice reference. Had no idea what it meant. lol.

    ReplyDelete