Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Well, all of you know know that we are not party animals, so our spring break trip is planned for St. Augustine, Florida. Friday March 26, Danny and I tried to sleep in. I worked the afternoon that day, and Danny took a nap...nearly the entire time I was at work. Then, at 5:30pm, we began our roadtrip. We drove through the ENTIRE night. Note: We will never do that again. I was getting tired at like 9:30pm! We had until 9am of driving. So, around midnight we stopped at McDonalds for ice cream. My wonderful husband had about 6 crystal light energy drinks. Have you ever had those??? I can barely drink 1! So he had to pee after each bottle of water he drank. So you guessed it, we stopped like 7 times. Geesh. I would fall asleep for about 30 minutes, and then wake up. Neither one of us ever got much sleep. We finally arrived at our first destination around 8:30am Saturday. Hilton Head. I have always wanted to see Hilton Head, so we thought we would swing by there on our way South. Well, I would still like to see it, haha. We were trying to get to the main strip on Hilton Head, and ended up making 1 huge loop, and totally missed the tourist area. So we stopped for Breakfast. I loved this restaurant because it was decorated like an old diner. I took lots of pictures. I will have to post them later. After breakfast, we decided to just leave and go on to our next destination.



The picture to the right is the only picture I have of the diner. This was taken with my phone, so I guess I left my camera in the car.


To be continued...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment